"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ME, CREEK, PADDLE

I hope when this is all over I still have friends. And a husband. I hope Aaron and Allison still have a mom with a sense of humor, and my happiness gene reappears intact. When my dad is out of his misery and I'm out of mine - watching him in his - I hope I don't waste too much time feeling guilty for feeling relieved that he is done suffering, and so am I. Just thanks, all of you, for your understanding, patience, and unconditional love. Without you, it would just be me, up that creek, without a paddle.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girlfriend! Not only do you have a paddle, you have a kayak!!!! Woman in a kayak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let anyone allow you to feel guilt over feeling relief when it is finally over. Anyone who has been through it (like me) understands, and those who don't will never understand.
    -Bert
    alzheimersdad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of people that would feel up a creek without a paddle without having you in our lives. You are beautiful inside and out, and I'd have to say your sense of humor is still hanging on. BOTZILLA!!!!

    ReplyDelete